HC Deb 03 March 1970 vol 797 c57W
54. Mrs. Renée Short

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government whether he will seek to confer on local authorities responsibilities for the provision of facilities for the disposal of bulky refuse.

Mr. Denis Howell

Under the Civic Amenities Act, 1967, local authorities are already required to provide places where, without payment, their residents can deposit refuse, including old motor vehicles and other bulky articles.