§ 127. Mr. Donnelly
asked the Secretary of State for the Colonies the present membership of the Rice Marketing Board in British Guiana; and how many members of the Rice Marketing Board are known to be members of the People's Progressive Party.90W
§ Mr. Lyttelton
The Rice Marketing Board in British Guiana consists of
- (a) Four officers in the public service:
- (1). H. H. Croucher—Director of Agriculture.
- (2). W. M. Bissell—Commissioner of Labour.
- (3). A. D. Thompson—Local Government Department.
- (4). H. E. H. Gadd.
- (b) Eight rice producers:
- (1). T. P. Jaundoo (Vice-Chairman)
- (2). Gajraj.
- (3). Persram.
- (4). Harry Sukhu.
- (5). Ram Lackhan.
- (6). R. Sharma.
- (7). Jhingoor.
- (8). Ramjohn.
- (c) Four other persons not being officers in the public service or rice producers:
- (1). John Fernandcs (Chairman).
- (2). W. J. Raatgever.
- (3). G. A C. Farmum.
- (4). H. G. Seaford.
Only one member of the board is believed to be a member of the P.P.P.