§ 96. Brigadier Low
asked the Secretary of State for War what forces raised in the Colonies are under his control; what are their strengths in each case; and what limitations are imposed on the use of these forces.
§ Mr. Bellenger
The following table gives the territories in which the local Colonial forces are at present under War Office control, together with the limitations imposed on their use in each case:
In addition Colonial companies have been raised in Cyprus, Mauritius and the Seychelles for employment on general service. It would not be in accordance with practice to give the strengths.
- Ceylon: Local service only.
- East Africa: No limitations.
- West Africa: No limitations.
- Malta: Local service only.
- Gibraltar: Local service only.
- West Indies: No limitations.