§ THE MARQUESS OF LANSDOWNE
I do not know whether the noble Earl who leads the House is able to tell us anything with regard to the course of business next week. I am afraid there is a very slight chance of our being able to finish the Irish Land Bill this evening, and we should much like to know on what date the resumed debate, if a resumed debate is necessary, will be taken.
§ THE LORD PRIVY SEAL AND SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE COLONIES (THE EARL OF CREWE)
In reply to the noble Marquess I can say that so far as we are able to forecast, the suggestion is that on Monday next, the 11th, we should take the Third Reading of the Housing and Town Planning Bill, and, if possible, also the Report stage of the House Letting and Rating (Scotland) Bill. Tuesday in that case would be free for finishing the Irish Land Bill in Committee, supposing, as I am afraid is certain to be the case, that we are not able to get through it to-day. Then on Wednesday we should propose to take the Second Reading of the Asylum Officers' Superannuation Bill, and on Thursday the Second Reading of the Development Bill, assuming that it reaches the House on Monday so that it could be in your Lordships' hands in good time for the Second Reading to be taken on Thursday. Then we propose, either on Monday, the 18th, or Tuesday, the 19th, to take the Report stage of the Irish Land Bill, which would be followed by the Committee stage of the Development Bill.