§ That the Lords Message of 17th December relating to a Joint Committee of both Houses to consider and report on the draft Disability Discrimination Bill presented to both Houses on 3rd December (Cm. 6058) be now considered.
That this House concurs with the Lords that it is expedient that a Joint Committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to consider and report on the draft Disability Discrimination Bill presented to both Houses on 3rd December (Cm. 6058), and that the Committee should report on the draft Bill by the end of April 2004.
That a Select Committee of six honourable Members be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Lords to consider the draft Disability Discrimination Bill.
That the Committee shall have power—
- (i) to send for persons, papers and records;
- (ii) to sit notwithstanding any adjournment of the House;
- (iii) to report from time to time;
- (iv) to appoint specialist advisers; and
- (v) to adjourn from place to place within the United Kingdom.
That Miss Anne Begg, Mr Roger Berry, Mr Tom Clarke, Mr Paul Goodman, Tom Levitt and Mr Roger Williams be members of the Committee.—[Mr. Kemp.]