§ That the Lords Message of 12th June relating to a Joint Committee of both Houses to consider and report on any draft Mental Incapacity Bill presented to both Houses by a Minister of the Crown be now considered.1482
§ That this House concurs with the Lords that it is expedient that a Joint Committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to consider and report on any draft Mental Incapacity Bill presented to both Houses by a Minister of the Crown, and proposes that the Committee should report on the draft Bill by the end of November 2003.
§ That a Select Committee of eight honourable Members be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Lords to consider any draft Mental Incapacity Bill.
§ That the Committee shall have power—
- (i)to send for persons, papers and records;
- (ii)to sit notwithstanding any adjournment of the House;
- (iii)to report from time to time;
- (iv)to appoint specialist advisers;
- (v)to adjourn from place to place within the United Kingdom; and
§ That Mr John Bercow, Mrs Angela Browning, Mr Paul Burstow, Jim Dowd, Stephen Hesford, Mrs Joan Humble, Huw Irranca-Davies and Laura Moffatt be members of the Committee.—[Charlotte Atkins.]