§ That the Lords Message of 2nd July relating to a Joint Committee of both Houses to consider and report on any clauses of a draft Gambling Bill presented to both Houses by a Minister of the Crown be now considered.
§ That this House concurs with the Lords in their Resolution relating to the said Joint Committee.1483
§ That a Select Committee of eight honourable Members be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Lords to consider any clauses of a draft Gambling Bill.
§ That the Committee shall have power—
- to send for persons, papers and records;
- (ii)to sit notwithstanding any adjournment of the House;
- (iii)to report from time to time;
- (iv)to appoint specialist advisers;
- (v) to adjourn from place to place within the United Kingdom; and
§ That Janet Anderson, Mr Tony Banks, Jeff Ennis, Mr John Greenway, Mr Alan Meale, Mr Richard Page, Dr John Pugh and Mr Anthony D Wright be members of the Committee.—[Charlotte Atkins.]