§ 8 (1) No information relating to an NHS foundation trust or other person and obtained by an auditor (or by a person acting on the auditor's behalf) under Part 1 or in the course of an audit under that Part is to be disclosed except—
- (a) with the consent of the person to whom the information relates,
- (b) for the purposes of any functions of an auditor of an NHS foundation trust,
- (c) for the purposes of the functions of the regulator,
- (d)for the purposes of the functions of the Comptroller and Auditor General under Part 1,
- (e)for the purposes of the functions of the Commission for Healthcare Audit and Inspection under Part 2,
- (f) for the purposes of any criminal proceedings.
§ (2) A person who discloses information in contravention of subparagraph (1) is guilty of an offence.
(3) A person guilty of an offence under subparagraph (2) is liable—
- (a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum (or to both),
- (b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to a fine (or to both).'.—[Mr. Hutton.]
§ Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.