§ '(1) If any part of a marine site of special interest ceases to be included in such a site because it is included in a European marine site, the appropriate nature conservation body must notify—
- (a) the confirming authority;
- (b) so far as reasonably practicable, each competent marine authority which exercises functions in relation to the site;
- (c) any other competent marine authority which in the opinion of the body should be notified;
- (d) any other person who the body is directed by the confirming authority to notify.
§ (2) The body must also publish the notification, on as many occasions as the confirming authority may direct, in—
- (a) the London Gazette;
- (b) at least one local newspaper circulating in an area near to the site; and
- (c) such other publication as the confirming authority may direct.
§ (3) A notification under this section has effect from the date on which it is published in the London Gazette.'.—[Mr. Meacher.]
§ Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.