HC Deb 04 March 2002 vol 381 c106

Amendment made: No. 143, in page 42, line 22, at end insert— '(4A) Where the court imposes a fine on the child under paragraph (3)(a) or (4)(a), it shall order that the fine be paid by the parent or guardian of the child instead of by the child, unless it is satisfied that there is good reason for not so doing. (4B) A fine ordered under paragraph (4A) to be paid by a parent or guardian may be recovered from him by distress, or he may be imprisoned in default of payment, in like manner as if the order had been made on the conviction of the parent or guardian of the offence for which the custody care order was made. (4C) A parent or guardian may appeal to a county court against an order under paragraph (4A).'.—[Mr. Browne.]

Forward to