HC Deb 04 April 2001 vol 366 cc394-5
- 13.—(1) This paragraph applies if—
- (a) a Motion for the Adjournment of the House under Standing Order No. 24 (Adjournment on specific and important matter that should have urgent consideration) has been stood over to seven o'clock; but
- (b) proceedings to which this Order applies have begun before then.
- (2) Proceedings on that Motion shall stand postponed until the conclusion of those proceedings.
- 14.—(1) No Motion shall be made to alter the order in which any proceedings on either of the Bills are taken.
- (2) No dilatory Motion with respect to, or in the course of, proceedings to which this Order applies shall be made except by a Minister of the Crown; and the Question on any such Motion shall be put forthwith.
- (3) No debate shall be permitted on any Motion to recommit either of the Bills (whether as a whole or otherwise), and the Speaker shall put forthwith any Question necessary to dispose of the Motion, including the Question on any amendment.
- 15. Standing Order No. 82 (Business Committee) shall not apply to this Order.
- 16.—(1) The Question on any Motion made by a Minister of the Crown for varying or supplementing the provisions of this Order shall be put forthwith.
- (2) Standing Order No. 15(1) (Exempted business) shall apply to any proceedings to which this Order applies.
- (3) If the House is adjourned, or the sitting is suspended, before the time at which any proceedings are to be brought to a conclusion under this Order, no notice shall be required of a Motion made by a Minister of the Crown for varying or supplementing the provisions of this Order.
- 17. Proceedings to which this Order applies shall not be interrupted under any Standing Order relating to the sittings of the House.—[Mr. Straw.]