§ Amendments made: No. 43, in page 60, leave out lines 8 to 17 and insert—
§ '(2) Subject to the provisions of this paragraph and paragraph 2—
- (a) the provisions to which this paragraph applies shall continue in force for the period of 12 months starting with the day on which this Act is passed, and
- (b) the Secretary of State may by order provide for all or any of those provisions to continue in force for the period of 12 months immediately following the period mentioned in paragraph (a).
§ (3) Sub-paragraph (2) shall have effect notwithstanding—
- (a) the expiry of a period specified in an order under section 62(3)(a) or (c) of the 1996 Act (temporary extension) where the order was made before the passing of this Act, and
- (b) section 62(10) of the 1996 Act (automatic repeal on 24th August 2000).
§ (4) The Secretary of State may by order provide for any of the provisions to which this paragraph applies—
- (a) to cease to have effect on a specified day;
- (b) to cease to be one of the temporary provisions for the purposes of section 62 of the 1996 Act on a specified day;
No. 44, in page 60, line 20, leave out 'paragraph 1(2)(a)' and insert—
'virtue of paragraph 1(2)(a) or (b)'.
No. 45, in page 60, line 20, leave out—
'by virtue of paragraph 1(2)(b)'
'on the expiry of a period mentioned in paragraph 1(2) or ceases to be a temporary provision by virtue of paragraph 1(4)(b)'.
No. 46, in page 60, line 23, at end insert—
'the following provisions of the 1996 Act—
() section 26(1)(b) (power of entry on authority of Secretary of State),'.
§ No. 47, in page 60, line 24, leave out 'of the 1996 Act'.—[Mrs. McGuire.]