§ 7.—(1) In this Schedule "customer information" means (subject to sub-paragraph (3))—
- (a) information whether a business relationship exists or existed between a financial institution and a particular person ("a customer"),
- (b) a customer's account number,
- (c) a customer's full name,
- (d) a customer's date of birth,
- (e) a customer's address or former address,
- (f) the date on which a business relationship between a financial institution and a customer begins or ends,
- (g) any evidence of a customer's identity obtained by a financial institution in pursuance of or for the purposes of any legislation relating to money laundering, and
- (h) the identity of a person sharing an account with a customer.
§ (2) For the purposes of this Schedule there is a business relationship between a financial institution and a person if (and only if)—
- (a) there is an arrangement between them designed to facilitate the carrying out of frequent or regular transactions between them, and
- (b) the total amount of payments to be made in the course of the arrangement is neither known nor capable of being ascertained when the arrangement is made.
§ (3) The Secretary of State may by order provide for a class of information
- (a) to be customer information for the purposes of this Schedule, or
- (b) to cease to be customer information for the purposes of this Schedule.