§ "Secretary of State's functions in relation to the London Development Agency strategy
§ 7B.—(1) The Secretary of State may give guidance to the Mayor about the exercise of his functions in relation to the London Development Agency strategy with respect to—
- (a) the matters to be covered by that strategy or that strategy as revised, and
- (b) the issues to be taken into account in preparing or revising that strategy.
§ (2) Section 7(3) applies in relation to the issues mentioned in subsection (1)(b) as it applies in relation to the issues mentioned in section 7(2)(b).
§ (3) The Mayor is to have regard to any guidance given under subsection (1).
§ (4) Where the Secretary of State considers—
- (a) that the London Development Agency strategy (or any part of it) is inconsistent with national policies, or
- (b) that the London Development Agency strategy or its implementation is having, or is likely to have, a detrimental effect on any area outside Greater London,
§ he may direct the Mayor to make such revisions of the strategy as may be specified in the direction in order to remove the inconsistency or, as the case may be, the detrimental effect or likely detrimental effect.
§ (5) Where the Secretary of State gives the Mayor a direction under subsection (4), the Mayor shall revise the London Development Agency strategy in accordance with the direction.
§ (6) Where the Mayor revises the London Development Agency strategy in accordance with subsection (5), section 7A(8) and section 34 of the Greater London Authority Act 1999 (consultation about strategies) shall not apply.
§ (7) For the purposes of this section "national policies" are any policies of Her Majesty's government which are available in a written form and which—
- (a) have been laid or announced before, or otherwise presented to, either House of Parliament, or
- (b) have been published by a Minister of the Crown.'".—[Raynsford.]
§ Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.