§ Amendment made: No. 87, in page 205, line 25, at end insert—
§ 'Local Authorities (Goods and Services) Act 1970 (c.39)
§ .—(1) Subject to sub-paragraph (2), in the Local Authorities (Goods and Services) Act 1970 (supply of goods and services by local authorities to public bodies) "public body" shall include any Education Action Forum established in an education action zone.400
§ (2) The provision in sub-paragraph (1) shall have effect as if made by an Order under section 1(5) of that Act (power to provide that a person shall be a public body for the purposes of the Act).
§ (3) An order under section 1(5) may accordingly vary or revoke the provisions of sub-paragraph (1) above as they apply to an Education Action Forum specified in the order.'.—[Mr. Byers.]
§ Amendment made: No. 171, in page 205, line 25, at end insert—
'Children and Young Persons Act 1933 (c.12)
In section 1(7) of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933 (saving for right of parents etc. to administer corporal punishment), for "teacher, or other person" substitute "or (subject to section 548 of the Education Act 1996) any other person,".'.—[Kali Mounord.]
- (a) paragraph (a) shall be read as referring also to any school to which section 21(8)(a) or (b) of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 applies, and
- (b) paragraph (b) shall be read as referring also to any foundation to which section 21(9A) of that Act applies;
but an order of the Commissioners, or regulations made by the Secretary of State, may provide that section 21(9A) of that Act shall cease to apply to any such foundation as is mentioned in that provision or to any such foundation of a description specified in the order or regulations." '.
§ No. 83, in page 219, line 47, leave out from 'etc.)' to end of line 49 and insert—
- '(a) in paragraph (a), for "county, voluntary, grant-maintained" substitute "community, foundation, voluntary"; and
- (b) omit paragraph (b).'.
§ No. 28, in page 219, line 49, at end insert—
§ '.—(1) Section 519 (allowances for governors, etc.) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1), for the words from "travelling" to "section 115);" substitute "such allowances as may be prescribed to governors of—
(a) any community, foundation or voluntary school or community or foundation special school which does not have a delegated budget (within the meaning of Part II of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998);".
§ (3) In subsection (3) for "travelling and subsistence allowances" substitute "such allowances as may be prescribed".
(4) After subsection (6) add—
(7) Regulations may impose a limit on the amount which may be paid by way of any allowance under this section." '.
No. 78, in page 222, line 40, at end insert—
'. In section 543 (relaxation of prescribed standards in special cases)—
- (a) in subsection (1), for "or (4)" substitute ", (4) or (4A)"; and
- (b) after subsection (4) insert—
(4A) This subsection applies, in relation to any playing fields used by the school for the purposes of the school, if the Secretary of State is satisfied that, having regard to other facilities for physical education available to the school, it would be unreasonable to require conformity with any prescribed requirement relating to playing fields.401
In this subsection "playing fields" has the same meaning as in section (Control of disposals or changing use of school playing fields) of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (control of disposals or changing use of school playing fields)."—[Mr. Byers.]
Amendment made: No. 172, in page 223, leave out lines 9 to 13 and insert
'Omit sections 549 and 550 (provisions about corporal punishment).'.—[Kali Mountford.]