6A.—(1) Section 12 (officers) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (5)(a) (power to institute civil proceedings on behalf of worker on account of payment of wages at less than the applicable minimum rate etc) the words "on account of the payment of wages to him at less than the minimum rate applicable or" shall cease to have effect.
(3) At the end of the section there shall be added—244(8) The powers conferred by subsections (3) and (4) of this section are not exercisable in any case where corresponding or similar powers conferred by any of the enforcement provisions of the National Minimum Wage Act 1998, as they have effect for the purposes of this Act, are exercisable by virtue of section 3A of this Act.(9) In subsection (8) of this section, "the enforcement provisions of the National Minimum Wage Act 1998" has the same meaning as in subsection (1) of section 3A of this Act.".'.
No. 33, in page 37, line 23, at end insert—
'Information obtained by national minimum wage officers
6B. After section 15 there shall be inserted—
"Information obtained by national minimum wage officers
15A.—(1) This section applies to information which has been obtained by an officer acting for the purposes of the National Minimum Wage Act 1998 and which is held by—
(2) This section does not apply to any information to the extent that the information relates to—
(3) Information to which this section applies may, with the authority of the Secretary of State, be supplied to the relevant Minister for use for any purpose relating to this Act.
(4) Information supplied under subsection (3) of this section shall not be supplied by the recipient to any other person or body unless—
(5) This section does not limit the circumstances in which information may be supplied or used apart from this section.
(6) In this section "the relevant Minister" means—
No. 36, in page 38, line 49, at end insert—
'(12) Where an order under this section fixes any particular minimum rate of wages by reference to two or more component rates, of which—
(13) The national minimum wage provisions of this section do not apply in relation to any minimum rate which is in the nature of an allowance payable in respect of some particular responsibility or circumstance (as in a case where a minimum rate is fixed in respect of being required to keep a dog).
(14) The national minimum wage provisions of this section do not apply in relation to any minimum rate fixed under this section—
(15) In this section "the national minimum wage provisions of this section" means subsections (2B), (2C) and (8) to (10) of this section.'.
No. 35, in page 39, line 40, at end insert—
'(4) In section 104A of the Employment Rights Act 1996 (unfair dismissal: national minimum wage) in subsection (1)(c)—
§ No. 37, in page 40, line 40, at end insert—