HC Deb 02 March 1998 vol 307 c820
- 9.—(1) For the purpose of enabling him to carry out examinations into, and report to Parliament on, the Welsh finances of the Forestry Commissioners, the Comptroller and Auditor General—
- (a) shall have a right of access at all reasonable times to all such documents in the custody or under the control of the Forestry Commissioners, or of the Auditor General for Wales, as he may reasonably require for that purpose, and
- (b) shall be entitled to require from any person holding or accountable for any of those documents any assistance, information or explanation which he reasonably thinks necessary for that purpose.
- (2) The Comptroller and Auditor General shall—
- (a) consult the Auditor General for Wales, and
- (b) take into account any relevant work done or being done by the Auditor General for Wales,
before he acts in reliance on sub—paragraph (1) or carries out an examination in respect of the Forestry Commissioners under section 6 of the National Audit Act 1983 (economy etc. examinations).