§ 115.—(1) This section applies where a charge has been dealt with summarily and a finding has been recorded that the charge has been proved.
§ (2) The accused may at any time request a review of the finding or any punishment awarded (or both); and where he does so, the finding or punishment (or both) shall be reviewed.
§ (3) The finding or any punishment awarded (or both) may be reviewed at any other time.
§ (4) A review under this section shall be carried out in accordance with the provisions of Queen's Regulations.
§ (5) A review under this section may be carried out by—
- (a) the Defence Council;
- (b) any military, naval or air-force officer superior in command to the officer who dealt summarily with the charge;
- (c) a general officer or brigadier appointed by the Defence Council to carry out the review or any class of review which includes the review.
§ (6) Section 113AA of this Act shall apply to a review under this section by an authority mentioned in subsection (5) above as it applies to a review under section 113 of this Act by the reviewing authority.
§ (7) In the application of section 113AA to reviews under this section, that section shall have effect as if—
- (a) references to the court-martial were references to the officer who dealt summarily with the charge;
- (b) references to a finding of guilt were references to a finding that the charge has been proved;
- (c) references to a sentence passed were references to a punishment awarded; and
- (d) subsections (5)(aa) and (6) were omitted."