§ '.—(1) In any case where—
- (a) a franchise agreement is terminated or otherwise comes to an end, but
- (b) no further franchise agreement has been entered into in respect of services formerly provided under that franchise agreement,
§ (2) Subsection (1) above does not—
- (a) require the Franchising Director to secure the provision of any services, if and to the extent that, in his opinion, adequate alternative railway passenger services are available;
- (b) preclude him from giving notice under subsection (3) of section 33 below in relation to any of the services in question, in which case his duty under this section to secure the provision of the services to which the notice relates will (subject to subsections (3) and (4) of that section) terminate on the day specified in the notice in pursuance of paragraph (b) of that subsection; or
- (c) preclude him from ceasing to secure the provision of any of the services in question, if the discontinuance is certified by the Regulator as being a minor closure, within the meaning of that section.'.—[Mr. MacGregor.]
§ Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.