§ 4.—(1) The proceedings on any further message from the Lords on the Bill shall be brought to a conclusion one hour after their commencement.
§ (2) For the purpose of bringing those proceedings to a conclusion—
- (a) the Speaker shall first put forthwith any Question which has already been proposed from the Chair and not yet decided, and shall then put forthwith the Question on any Motion made by a Minister of the Crown which is related to the Question already proposed from the Chair;
- (b) the Speaker shall then designate such of the remaining items in the Lords Message as appear to the Speaker to involve questions of Privilege and shall—
- (i) put forthwith the Question on any Motion made by a Minister of the Crown on any item;
- (ii) in the case of each remaining item designated by the Speaker, put forthwith the Question, That this House doth agree with the Lords in their Proposal; and
- (iii) put forthwith the Question, That this House doth agree with the Lords in all the remaining Lords Proposals.