Amendments made: No. 53, in page 27, line 36, at end insert—
`by the carrying out of.
§ No. 22, in page 28, line 11, at end insert—
§ `( ) Except in such circumstances (if any) as may be prescribed—
- (a) the Director or an arbitrator appointed by him shall not determine any billing dispute which is the subject of proceedings before, or with respect to which judgment has been given by, any court; and
- (b) neither party to any billing dispute which has been referred to the Director for determination in accordance with regulations under this section shall commence proceedings before any court in respect of that dispute pending its determination in accordance with the regulations.
§ ( ) No relevant undertaker may commence proceedings before any court in respect of any charge in connection with the supply of water for domestic purposes or (as the case may be) the provision of sewerage services other than by the carrying out of trade effluent functions unless, not less than 28 days before doing so, the customer concerned was informed by it, in such form and manner as may be prescribed, of—
- (a) its intention to commence proceedings;
- (b) the customer's rights by virtue of this section; and
- (c) such other matters (if any) as may be prescribed.'.—[Mr. Redwood.]