§ Amendment made: No. 14, in Page 19, line 37, at end insert—1182
§ '( ) Except in such circumstances (if any) as may be prescribed—
- (a) the Director or an arbitrator (or in Scotland an arbiter) appointed by him shall not determine any billing dispute which is the subject of proceedings before, or with respect to which judgment has been given by, any court; and
- (b) neither party to any billing dispute which has been referred to the Director for determination in accordance with regulations under this section shall commence proceedings before any court in respect of that dispute pending its determination in accordance with the regulations.
§ ( ) No public electricity supplier may commence proceedings before any court in respect of any charge in connection with the provision by him of electricity supply services unless, not less than 28 days before doing so, the tariff customer concerned was informed by him, in such form and manner as may he prescribed, of—
- (a) his intention to commence proceedings;
- (b) the customer's rights by virtue of this section; and
- (c)such other matters (if any) as may be prescribed.'.—(Mr. Redwood.]