- 141A.—(1) The Secretary of State may by regulations provide that such of the provisions mentioned in subsection (2) below as are specified in the regulations shall not apply, or shall apply with modifications—
- (a) to all tramcars or to tramcars of any specified class, or
- (b) to all trolley vehicles or to trolley vehicles of any specified class.
- (2) The provisions referred to in subsection (1) above are the provisions of sections 1 to 14, 18 and 81 to 89 of this Act.
- (3) Regulations under this section—
- (a) may make different provision for different cases,
- (b) may include such transitional provisions as appear to the Secretary of State to be necessary or expedient, and
- (c) may make such amendments to any special Act as appear to the Secretary of State to be necessary or expedient in consequence of the regulations or in consequence of the
690 application to any tramcars or trolley vehicles of any of the provisions mentioned in subsection (2) above.
- (4) In this section—
special Act" means a local Act of Parliament passed before the commencement of this section which authorises or regulates the use of tramcars or trolley vehicles;
tramcar"includes any carriage used on any road by virtue of an order under the Light Railways Act 1896; and
trolley vehicle" means a mechanically propelled vehicle adapted for use on roads without rails under power transmitted to it from some external source (whether or not there is in addition a source of power on board the vehicle).