HC Deb 08 July 1991 vol 194 cc682-3
Lords amendment: No. 9, to insert the following new clause—Variation of charges at off-street parking places—
(".After section 35B of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 there shall be inserted—
- 35C.—(1) Where an order under section 35(1)(iii) of this Act makes provision as to the charges to be paid in connection with the use of off-street parking places, the authority making that order may vary those charges by notice given under this section.
- (2) The variation of any such charges by notice is not to be taken to prejudice any power to vary those charges by order under section 35 of this Act.
- (3) The Secretary of State may by regulations make provision as to the procedure to be followed by any local authority giving notice under this section.
- (4) the regulations may, in particular, make provision with respect to—
- (a) the publication, where an authority propose to give notice, of details of their proposal;
- (b) the form and manner in which notice is to be given; and
- (c) the publication of notices.
- (5) In giving any notice under this section a local authority shall comply with the regulations." ")
I beg to move, That this House doth agree with the Lords in the said amendment.
This amendment adds a new clause and introduces a further section into the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
The new section has the same effect as that provided by clause 39, except that it applies to variations of charges of off-street parking places. It has been introduced in response to a request from the local authority associations.
Question put and agreed to.