- (a) for the words "he is- (a)" there shall be substituted "(a) he is"; and
- (b) the words "for a period of more than 6 days" and the words from "The period" to the end shall cease to have effect.
§ 26G. In section 2(2) of that Act (exceptions to sectionl), for paragraph (1) there shall be substituted—
§ "(f) if he has been in that person's care for a period of less than 28 days and that person does not intend to undertake his care for any longer period."
§ 26H. In section 7(1) of that Act (persons disqualified from keeping foster children)—
- (a) the word "or" at the end of paragraph (e) shall be omitted; and
- (b) after paragraph (f) there shall be inserted "or
- (g) he is disqualified from fostering a child privately (within the meaning of the Children Act 1989) by regulations made under section 61 of that Act,".'.
§ Madam Deputy Speaker
With this it will be convenient to take Government amendments Nos. 344, 354 and 358.
§ Amendment agreed to.
§ Amendment made: No. 369, in page 142, line 2, at end insert—