§ `(1) Every registered housing association which, immediately before the appointed day,
- (a) is a society registered under the 1965 Act and has its registered office for the purposes of that Act in Wales, or
- (b) is a registered charity and has its address for the purposes of registration by the Charity Commissioners in Wales,
§ (2) Not later than one month before the appointed day, the Secretary of State shall notify every registered housing association which appears to him to be one which on that day will be deemed to be registered as mentioned in subsection (1) above of that fact and of the effect of that subsection.
§ (3) As soon as may be after the appointed day, Housing for Wales shall give notice of any registration effected by virtue of subsection (I) above,—
- (a) if the housing association is a registered charity, to the Charity Commissioners; and
- (b) if the housing association is a society registered under the 1965 Act, to the Chief Registrar of Friendly Societies.
§ (4) All rights, liabilities and obligations to which, immediately before the appointed day, the Housing Corporation was entitled or subject in relation to—
- (a) any registered housing association to which subsection (1) above applies, and
- (b) land in Wales held by an unregistered housing association,
§ (5) Any question whether any rights, liabilities or obligations have become rights, liabilities or obligations of Housing for Wales by virtue of subsection (4) above shall be determined by the Secretary of State.
(6) In this section—
the 1965 Act" means the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965: and
the appointed day" means the day appointed for the coming into force of this section.'.—[Mr. Waldegrave.]
§ Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.