§ `(1) In this Part of this Act—
- (a) "the 1985 Act" means the Housing Associations Act 1985;
- (b) "the Corporation" means the Housing Corporation or, as the case may be, Housing for Wales; and
- (c) subject to paragraph (b) above, "the Corporation" and other expressions used in this Part have the same meaning as in the 1985 Act.
- (a) extending the supervisory powers conferred by Part I of the 1985 Act,
- (b) making provision incidental to and consequential upon the establishment by this Part of this Act of Housing for Wales and the establishment by the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 of Scottish Homes; and
- (c) making provision incidental to and consequential upon other provisions of this Part of this Act and the provisions of Part IV of this Act.
- (a) Part I contains amendments of Part I of the 1985 Act, including amendments which reproduce the effect of amendments made by Schedule 3 to the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 with respect to Scottish Homes; and
- (b) Parts II and III contain amendments of Parts II and III respectively of the 1985 Act.
§ (4) Without prejudice to the operation of Schedule 3 to the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 in relation to anything done before the day appointed for the coming into force of this section, for the purpose of giving effect to the amendments in Part I of Schedule[Amendments of Housing Association, 4ct 1985] to this Act, the said Schedule 3 shall be deemed never to have come into force.'.—[Mr. Waldegrave.]
§ Brought up, read the first and Second time, and added to the Bill.