HC Deb 11 March 1987 vol 112 c438
Lords Amendment: No. 6, in page 8, line 29, leave out
subsection (3) and insert—
(3) for the purposes of this Part of this Act as it applies in relation to an intermediate year beginning in 1983, 1984 or 1985—
- (a) "local authority" also includes the Greater London Council and the Inner London Education Authority within the meaning of section 30 of the London Government Act 1963,
- (b) references to the Inner London Education Authority in section 1(1)(c) above, paragraph (c) below and paragraph 2A(10) of Schedule 3 to this Act shall be construed as references to the Inner London Education Authority within the meaning of section 30 of that Act,
- (c) the Greater London Council and the Inner London Education Authority shall be taken to be separate local authorites, and
- (d) "local authority" does not include a joint authority or the Inner London Education Authority established by section 18 of the Local Government Act 1985."
I beg to move, That this House doth agree with the Lords in the said amendment.
We do not oppose the amendment, but it arises, again, as a complication from the abolition of the Greater London council and the fact that there have been three different animals, all known as the Inner London education authority, in the past two years.
Question put and agreed to.
Lords Amendments Nos. 7 to 33 agreed to. [Special Entry.]