HC Deb 25 March 1985 vol 76 c150
Motion made, and Question,
That, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the practice of the House relating to matters which may be included in Finance Bills, any Finance Bill of the present Session may contain the following provisions taking effect in a future year—
put forthwith pursuant to Standing Order No. 114 (Ways and Means motions), and agreed to.
- (a) provisions with respect to the deduction of tax from interest on certain loans;
- (b) provisions with respect to allowances under Chapters IV and V of Part I of the Capital Allowances Act 1968 (dredging and agricultural land and buildings);
- (c) provisions amending section 343 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1970 (building societies);
- (d) provisions with respect to allowances under Chapter I of Part XIV of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1970 (patents and know-how);
- (e) provisions with respect to allowances and charges under Chapter I of Part III of the Finance Act 1971 (machinery and plant);
- (f) provisions with respect to initial allowances in respect of expenditure on qualifying hotels, within the meaning of section 38 of the Finance Act 1978; and
- (g) provisions amending section 56 of the Finance Act 1978 (capital receipts in respect of shares subject to approved profit sharing schemes).
Bill ordered to be brought in upon the foregoing resolutions by the Chairman of Ways and Means, Mr. Chancellor of the Exchequer, Secretary Sir Geoffrey Howe, Mr. Secretary Jenkin, Mr. Secretary Tebbit, Mr. Secretary King, Mr. Secretary Ridley, Mr. Michael Jopling, Mr. Peter Rees, Mr. John Moore, Mr. Barney Hayhoe, and Mr. Ian Stewart.