§ 2. —(1) This paragraph applies in the case of a child who is committed to a place of safety in England or Wales in pursuance of—
- (a) section 40 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933; or
- (b) section 43 of the Adoption Act 1958; or
- (c) section 2(5) or (10), 16(3) or 28(1) or (4) of the Children and Young Persons Act 1969; or
- (d) section 12 of the Foster Children Act 1980.
§ (2) Where this paragraph applies, section 1 of the Act shall have effect as if—
- (a) the reference in subsection (1) to the appropriate consent were a reference to the leave of any magistrates' court acting for the area in which the place of safety is; and
- (b) subsections (3) to (5) were omitted.