1. The granting, by a person substantially reconstructing a protected building, of a major interest in, or in any part of, the building or its site.
2. The supply, in the course of an approved alteration of a protected building, of any services other than the services of an architect, surveyor or any person acting as consultant or in a supervisory capacity.
3. The supply, by a person supplying services within item 2 and in connection with those services of—
(1) 'Protected building' means a building which is—
(2) For the purposes of item 1, a protected building shall not be regarded as substantially reconstructed unless the reconstruction is such that when the reconstruction is completed, of the works carried out to effect the reconstruction, at least two thirds, measured by reference to cost, are of such a nature that the supply of services (other than excluded services), materials and other items to carry out the works, would, if supplied by a taxable person, be within either item 2 or 3 of this Group; and `excluded services' means the services of an architect, surveyor or other person acting as consultant or in a supervisory capacity.
(3) 'Apprcved alteration' means,—
(4) For the purposes of paragraph (a) of Note (3), a building used or available for use by a minister of religion wholly or mainly as a residence from which to perform the duties of his office shall be treated as not being an ecclesiastical building.
(5) Where the benefit of the consideration for the grant of a major interest as described in item 1 accrues to the person substantially reconstructuring the protected building but that person is not the grantor, he shall be treated for the purpses of that item as the person making the grant.
(6) In item 2 'alteration' does not include repair or maintenance; and where any work consists partly of an approved alteration and partly of other work, an apportionment shall be made to determine the supply which falls within item 2.
(7) Note (2) to Group 8 applies in relation to item 2 of this Group as it applies in relation to item 2 of that Group.".'.
§ Amendments to the proposed amendment: (a), leave out item 3.
§ (b), in note (2), leave out 'two-thirds' and insert `one-half'.
(c), in note (2), leave out
'or 3 of this group'
'of this group or item 3 of group 8 above, as it applies to a supply by a person supplying services within item 2 of this group.'.
§ Amendment No. 9, in schedule 6, page 141, line 10 at end insert—