§ Amendments made:
§ No. 116, in page 38, leave out from beginning of line 25 to first `to' in line 32 and insert—
- '(a) sounds or plays any musical instrument;
- (b) sings or performs; or
- (c) operates any radio or television receiver, record player, tape-recorder or other sound producing device
so as to give any other person reasonable cause for annoyance and fails'.
§ No. 117, in page 38, line 36, after (to), insert 'any offence under'.
§ No. 118, in page 38, line 37, at end insert—
§ '(3) Subsection (1) above shall not apply to the operation of a loudspeaker—
- (a) for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes by a water authority in the exercise of any of its functions, or by a local authority within its area;
- (b) for communicating with persons on a vessel for the purpose of directing the movement of that or any other vessel.
- (c) if the loudspeaker forms part of a public telephone system;
- (d) if the loudspeaker—
- (i) is in or fixed to a vehicle, and
- (ii) is operated solely for the entertainment of or for communicating with the driver or a passenger of the vehicle or, where the loudspeaker is or forms part of the horn or similar warning instrument of the vehicle, solely for giving warning to other traffic, and
- (iii) is so operated as not to give reasonable cause for annoyance to persons in the vicinity;
- (e) otherwise than on a highway, by persons employed in connection with a transport undertaking used by the public in a case where the loudspeaker is operated solely for making announcements to passengers or prospective passengers or to other persons so employed;
- (f) by a travelling showman on land which is being used for the purposes of a pleasure fair;
- (g) in case of emergency.