§ Amendments made: No. 83, in page 20, line 37, at end insert—
- '(3A) A licensing authority may, on application by a metal dealer, issue a temporary exemption warrant in relation to him if they are satisfied that he has not been carrying on business as a metal dealer.
- (3B) A temporary exemption warrant in relation to a metal dealer shall remain in force from the date of its issue or such later date as the licensing authority may specify—
- (a) for a period of 18 months; or
- (b) until (if earlier than the expiry of that period) the date of the grant to that dealer of an exemption warrant; or
- (c) if a metal dealer's licence has been applied for by him within that period, until the date when it is granted or is deemed to have been granted or, if it is refused, until the expiry of the time within which he may lodge an appeal under paragraph 17 of Schedule 1 to this Act against that refusal or, where he has lodged such an appeal, until it has been abandoned or determined against him.
- (3C) It shall be a condition of a temporary exemption warrant that the dealer to whom it relates shall acquire metal only from persons selling or otherwise disposing of it in the course of trade or business.
- (3D) A licensing authority may revoke a temporary exemption warrant on the grounds that the metal dealer to whom it relates has contravened the condition specified in subsection (3C) above.'.
§ No. 84, in page 20, line 42, after 'warrant', insert 'or temporary exemption warrant'.
§ No. 85, in page 21, line 2, after 'warrant', insert 'or temporary exemption warrant'.—[Mr. John MacKay.]
§ Mr. John MacKay
I beg to move amendment No. 86, in page 21, line 7, leave out '(1)' and insert '(4)'.
This is a drafting amendment to correct an error and I commend it to the House.
§ Amendment agreed to.