|Motion made, and Question proposed,|
|That, from the beginning of next Session, whenever a motion shall have been made by a Minister of the Crown for the adjournment of the House for a specified period or periods, any questions necessary to dispose of proceedings shall be put not later than one and a half hours after being proposed from the Chair.|
|That this Order be a Standing Order of the House.—[Mr. Biffen.]|
§ Amendment made: (e) in line 3, leave out from 'put' to end of line 4 and insert180
§ (3) On a day not later than 6th February, any of the following total amounts may be put down for consideration:
- (a) votes on account for the coming financial year;
- (b) supplementary estimates for the current financial year which have been presented at least seven clear days previously.
- (a) votes relating to numbers for defence services for the coming financial year;
- (b) supplementary estimates for the current financial year which have been presented at least seven days previously;
- (c) excess votes, provided that the Committee of Public Accounts have reported that they see no objection to the sums necessary being provided by excess vote.
(6) At least two days' notice shall be given of the votes which are to be put down for consideration under paragraphs (3), (4) or (5) of this order.
(7) On any day to which the provisions of paragraphs (3), (4) or (5) of this order apply Mr. Speaker shall at ten o'clock put the following questions:
- (a) on any outstanding vote relating to numbers for defence services for the coming financial year, that that number be maintained for that service
- (b) that the total amount outstanding in respect of each financial year be granted out of the Consolidated Fund for the purposes defined in the related votes.
(9) The provisions of this order shall not apply to any vote of credit or votes for supplementary or additional estimates for war expenditure.