§ Motion made, and Question,
- (a) Spirits (Motion No. 2).
- (b) Beer (Motion No. 3).
- (c) Wine (Motion No. 4)
- (d) Made-wine (Motion No. 5).
- (e) Cider (Motion No. 6).
- (f) Tobacco products (Motion No. 7).
- (g) Matches and mechanical lighters (Motion No. 8).
- (h) Hydrocarbon oil etc. (Motion No. 10).
- (i) Vehicles excise duty (Motion No 11).
- (j) Value added tax: registration (Motion No. 13).—[Sir Geoffrey Howe.]
§ Mr. Deputy Speaker
I shall now call the Chancellor of the Exchequer to move the motion entitled"Amendment of the Law". It is on that motion that the Budget debate will take place today and on succeeding days. The remaining motions will not be put until the end of the Budget debate next week and they will be then decided without debate.