(1) Income tax for the year 1979–80 shall be charged at the same rates as for the year 1978–79.
(2) In section 8 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1970 (personal reliefs)—
(3) Neither paragraph (2) above nor section 22(2) or (3) of the Finance Act 1977 shall require any change to be made in the amounts deductible or repayable under section 204 of the said Act of 1970 (pay as you earn) before 1st August 1979.
(4) No relief shall be given under section 10 of the said Act of 1970 (child tax allowances) for the year 1979–80 or any subsequent year of assessment except in the case of a child to whom sections 25 or 26 of the said Act of 1977 applies.
(5) In paragraph 5(1) of Schedule 1 to the Finance Act 1974 (limit on relief for interest on certain loans for the purchase or improvement of land) the references to £25,000 shall
have effect for the year 1979–80 as well as for previous years of assessment—[Mr. Joel Barnett.]