§ 25. Part III of the National Health Service Reorganisation Act 1973 (the Health Service Commissioners for England and Wales) shall have effect subject to the following provisions of this Part of this Schedule.
26.—(1) In section 34(1) of the said Act of 1973 (definition of "relevant body"), after paragraph (j) insert—
(k)the Health Services Board and its Welsh Committee,".
§ (2) In section 34(2) of that Act (relevant bodies in respect of which the Health Service Commissioners for England and Wales respectively are not empowered to conduct investigations) after "the Welsh Hospital Board" insert "the Welsh Committee of the Health Services Board,".
(3) In section 37 of that Act (reports of Commissioners), after subsection (5) add—
(6) In the case of the Health Services Board or its Welsh Committee, the preceding provisions of this section have effect subject to paragraphs 27 and 28 of Schedule 1 to the Health Services Act 1976".
§ 27. Section 37 (reports by Commissioners) of the said Act of 1973 shall have effect subject to the following modifications, that is to say—
- (a) in relation to an investigation conducted under the said Part III in respect of the Board or the Welsh Committee—
- (i) paragraph (d) of subsection (1) (report to be sent to Secretary of State) shall not apply, but the Commissioner who conducted the investigation may, if
554 he thinks fit, publish his report under that subsection; and
- (ii) subsection (3) (special reports) shall have effect with the substitution for the words from "make a special report to the Secretary of State" to the end of the subsection of the words "lay before each House of Parliament a special report";
- (b) without prejudice to paragraph 28 below, the reference in subsection (4) (annual and other reports to Secretary of State) to a Commissioner's functions under the said Part III shall not include his functions there-under in respect of the Board or the Welsh Committee;
- (c) subsection (5) (privilege) shall have effect as if the reference to subsection (4) included a reference to paragraph 28 below.
§ 28. Each of the Commissioners mentioned in subsection (4) of the said section 37 shall annually lay before each House of Parliament a general report on the performance of his functions under the said Part III in respect of the Board and the Welsh Committee, and may from time to time lay before each House of Parliament such other reports with respect to his said functions under that Part as he thinks fit.