HC Deb 06 April 1976 vol 909 cc282-3
Motion made, and Question,
That pursuant to section 5 of the Provisional Collection of Taxes Act 1968 provisional statutory effect shall be given to the following Motions—
put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 94 (Ways and Means motions), and agreed to.
- (a) spirits (Motion No. 2)
- (b) beer (Motion No. 3)
- (c) wine (Motion No. 4)
- (d) made-wine (Motion No. 5)
- (e) hydrocarbon oil etc. (Motion No. 6)
- (f) tobacco products (Motion No. 8)
- (g) value added tax (reduction of higher rate) (Motion No. 10)
- (h) Vehicles excise duty (disabled persons) (Motion No. 13).—[Mr. Healey.]
Mr. Nigel Lawson
On a point of order, Mr. Deputy Speaker. Can you tell the House whether the Provisional Collection of Taxes Act will apply to what the Chancellor has called provisional taxes and, if so, under what authority?
Mr. Deputy Speaker
That is not a point of order.