§ Mr. Millan
I beg to move Amendment No. 54, in page 12, line 13, at end insert—'(2) The aggregate of—In a Bill of this sort, involving public expenditure, it is normal to include a financial limit. The figure of £40 million appeared in the Financial Memorandum but it was not written into the Bill. The purpose of the amendment is to write into the Bill a financial limitation which we believe will be adequate.
less any sums received by the Secretary of State—
- (a) expenditure of the Secretary of State under section 10 of this Act, plus
- (b) loans by the Secretary of State under section 11 of this Act, plus
- (c) liabilities of the Secretary of State under any guarantees given by him under the said section 11 (exclusive of any liability in respect of interest on a principal sum so guaranteed),
shall not at any time exceed £40 million.'.
- (i) in respect of the recovery of expenditure incurred by him under the said section 10, and
- (ii) by way of repayment of loans under the said section 11, and
- (iii) by way of repayment of principal sums paid to met guarantees under the said section 11,
§ Amendment agreed to.