HC Deb 08 November 1973 vol 863 c1247
Queen's Recommendation having been signified
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make financial provision in relation to preliminary work on or in connection with the construction of a railway tunnel system under the English Channel, it is expedient to authorise—
- (1) the payment out of the Consolidated Fund of sums required for fulfilling guarantees given by the Treasury in relation to money borrowed for the purpose of providing finance for such preliminary work subject to a limit of £35 million in so far as the sums are required for the repayment of principal, and the payment into that Fund of sums received in pursuance of arrangements with the French Government towards the fulfilment of guarantees so given;
- (2) the payment out of the Consolidated Fund of such sums as may be so required for contributing, in accordance with those arrangements, towards the fulfilment of guarantees given by or on behalf of the French Government in relation to money borrowed for the purpose mentioned in paragraph (1) above subject to a limit of £17.5 million in so far as the payments relate to the repayment of principal;
- (3) the payment out of money provided by Parliament of sums required to meet any expenditure incurred by the Secretary of State—
- (a) in carrying out studies connected with the construction of such a tunnel system; Or
- (b) in fulfilling any obligations or exercising any rights (including any obligation or right to acquire securities of a body corporate) which become his in consequence of the abandonment of the preliminary work on the construction of such a tunnel system.