HC Deb 29 November 1967 vol 755 c553
Queen's Recommendation having been signified—
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to establish a National Loans Fund, it is expedient—
- (a) to authorise the issue of money out of the National Loans Fund to the Public Works Loan Commissioners for the purposes of making loans subject to a limit which—
- (i) in the first instance shall be one thousand million pounds,
- (ii) but which may be increased by Treasury orders up to four thousand million pounds,
- (b) to authorise the payment into the National Loans Fund of all sums paid or applicable in or towards the discharge of the principal or interest of any loan made by the said Commissioners before or after the passing of this resolution, and of any other sums now payable into the Local Loans Fund,
- (c) to authorise the remission of unpaid balances of principal and arrears of interest due to the said Commissioners in respect of any loans specified for that purpose in the said Act.
- (d) to wind up the Local Loans Fund and—
- (i) extinguish all its liabilities to the Consolidated Fund, and
- (ii) pay into the National Loans Fund any cash balance standing to the credit of the Local Loans Fund,
- (e) to amend the law about the making of loans by the Public Works Loan Commissioners,
- (f) to pay out of money provided by Parliament any additional sums so payable under section 194(2) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1962 or section 64(3) of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1954 (repayment by instalments out of money provided by Parliament of sums payable out of the Consolidated Fund under Part I or Part V of the Town and Country Planning Act 1954 or the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1954 or Part VI of the Town and Country Planning Act 1962).
—[Mr. Harold Lever.]
Bill ordered to be brought in by the Chairman of Ways and Means, The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr. John Diamond, and Mr. Harold Lever upon the Resolution and upon the Ways and Means Resolution come to this day.