HC Deb 07 November 1966 vol 735 cc1109-10
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session relating to education, it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) any increase in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament under section 102 or section 103 of the Education Act 1944 which is attributable to the raising from three-fourths to four-fifths of the proportion
of the expenditure which may be met by contributions or grants under those sections;
- (b) the making out of moneys provided by Parliament of grants not exceeding four-fifths of the expenditure and of loans in respect of the expenditure, incurred by managers or governors of aided schools or special agreement schools in the provision of sites or buildings for such schools;
- (c) the making out of moneys provided by Parliament of loans in respect of capital expenditure incurred or to be incurred by or on behalf of persons other than local education authorities in connection with the provision, replacement, extension, improvement, furnishing or equipment of colleges of education;
- (d) any increase attributable to the said Act of the present Session in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament by way of Rate-Deficiency Grant or Exchequer Equalisation Grant under the enactments relating to local government in England and Wales or in Scotland;
- (e) any increase in the sums payable out of moneys so provided under the said enactments in respect of general grants which may arise from any increase attributable to the said Act of the present Session in the expenditure relevant to the fixing of the aggregate amounts of those grants;
but paragraphs (a) and (b) of this Resolution do not extend to contributions and grants in respect of expenditure in respect of work which—
- (i) was begun before 4th July 1966, or
- (ii) was approved by the Secretary of State before that date under section 13(6) of the Education Act 1944 or under any arrangements relating to work to which that section does not apply, or
- (iii) was included in a programme notified to a local education authority as the main building programme approved by the Secretary of State for the twelve months beginning with April 1966 or for any earlier period,
or in respect of expenditure on the provision of the site on which or buildings to which any such work was done or proposed to be done.
Resolution agreed to.