HC Deb 24 May 1966 vol 729 cc417-8
[Queen's Recommendation signified]
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 88 (Money Committees).
[Sir ERIC FLETCHER in the Chair]
That. for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to provide for the appointment of a Minister of Social Security and to replace Part II of the National Assistance Act 1948 by provisions giving rights to non-contributory benefit, it is expedient to authorise:
- A. The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (a) any benefit payable under that Act;
- (b) the remuneration of the Minister and of any Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Social Security and of members of any Commission appointed under that Act:
- (c) the expenses of the Minister, except such as are by virtue of any enactment to be defrayed in some other manner;
- (d) such expenses of any Commission appointed under that Act as are incurred with the approval of the Minister, including expenses so incurred in defraying travelling expenses;
- (e) expenses and travelling and other allowances (including compensation for loss of remunerative time) of members of local
advisory committees appointed under that Act and of persons attending at the request of such a committee;
- (f) any increase attributable to that Act in the expenses so payable under any other enactment.
- B. The payment of any sums into the Exchequer.—[Miss Herbison.]
Resolution to be reported.
Report to be received Tomorrow.