HC Deb 21 June 1966 vol 730 cc536-7
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision in relation to Scotland, with respect to the payment of grants to local authorities, valuation and rating, local authority expenditure and the classification and lighting of highways, and for other purposes, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of: —
- (1) an increase in respect of the year 1966–67 (not exceeding £700,000) in the aggregate amount of general grants payable to local authorities under the Local Government and Miscellaneous Financial Provisions (Scotland) Act 1958;
- (2) grants to local authorities, for the year 1967–68 and each subsequent year, of an amount equal to the aggregate amount which the Secretary of State determines is to be available for that year for the payment of grants (other than housing subsidies) to local authorities out of such moneys, reduced by such portion of that aggregate amount as the Secretary of State estimates will be allocated to grants in respect of such services provided by local authorities as he may determine;
- (3) the expenses of the Secretary of State incurred under the said Act in paying:—
not exceeding in the case of grants mentioned in paragraph (a) above, one half of the amount which, under the provisions of the said Act or under section 89(4) of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1947, is or is treated as, or as costs incurred on account of, expenditure' in respect of which the grants may be paid;
- (a) grants to local authorities in connection with the development or redevelopment of land, the use of land as a public open space or the reclamation or improvement of derelict, neglected or unsightly land;
- (b) grants to local authorities in respect of expenditure on staff which is attributable to the presence in their areas of immigrants from the Commonwealth,
- (4) any expenses incurred under the said Act by the Secretary of State in connection with his power as highway authority to provide lighting for the purposes of any road or proposed road;
- (5) any administrative expenses incurred under the said Act by the Secretary of State; and
- (6) any increase attributable to the provisions of the said Act in the sums payable out of such moneys under any other Act.
Resolution agreed to.