HC Deb 03 March 1965 vol 707 c1293
[Queen's Recommendation signified]
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 88 (Money Committees).
[Dr. HORACE KING in the Chair]
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to empower the mayor, aldermen and burgesses of the borough of Huddersfield to acquire lands, to construct works and to impound and abstract water, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any expenses incurred by the Minister of Transport under or by virtue of any provisions of that Act—
- (a) requiring the Minister to pay a proportion of—
- (i) the cost of acquiring land and easements for the purpose of constructing and maintaining works consisting of a special road and an embankment;
- (ii) the cost of constructing, maintaining and inspecting those works;
- (iii) the costs, charges and expenses preliminary to, and of and incidental to, the preparing, applying for, obtaining and passing of that Act;
- (b) providing for the indemnification of the Huddersfield Corporation by the Minister against claims in connection with the construction, maintenance, use, failure or want of repair of those works;
- (c) imposing requirements on the Minister in the event of his abandoning the special road.—[Mr. Tom Fraser.]
Resolution to be reported.
Report to be received Tomorrow.