HC Deb 22 January 1965 vol 705 cc654-5
That it is expedient—
- (a) to authorise any increase in the sums which—
being an increase attributable to amending the Armed Forces (Housing Loans) Act 1949 by extending the period during which sums may be issued out of the Consolidated Fund to be applied as appropriations in aid as aforesaid until the end of the financial year ending on 31st March 1968 and by increasing the aggregate amount of the sums which may be so issued to one hundred and forty million pounds; and
- (i) may be issued out of the Consolidated Fund to be applied as appropriations in aid of moneys provided by Parliament for the provision of housing
accommodation for married persons serving in, or employed in connection with, the armed forces of the Crown;
- (ii) may be raised by the Treasury in manner authorised under the National Loans Act 1939;
- (iii) are to be repaid into the Exchequer out of moneys provided by Parliament; and
- (iv) are to be issued out of the Consolidated Fund and applied in redemption or repayment of debt or payment of interest,
- (b) to make amendments of the said Act of 1949 with respect to the description of accommodation mentioned in paragraph (a) (i) above, the repayment of any sums issued as so mentioned and the rate of interest thereon and to make an amendment of the Armed Forces (Housing Loans) Act 1958 with respect to the repayment of such sums.—[Mr. MacDermot.]
Resolution to be reported.
Report to be received upon Monday next; Committee to sit again upon Monday next.