§ Resolution reported,
§ That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to enable common investment funds to be established for the investment of moneys in certain courts in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and certain other moneys, it is expedient to authorize—
- 1. The issue out of the Consolidated Fund of—
- (a) any sums required for making good any default of the Accountant General of the Supreme Court of Judicature in England with respect to any money, securities or effects in any court in England or Wales or any money or securities deposited with him under or by virtue of any enactment, so far as those sums are not paid out of moneys provided by Parliament;
- (b) any sums required for making good any amount by which, after the making of any deduction provided for by the said Act of the present Session, the income received by the National Debt Commissioners in any period from investments made in consequence of the transfer of money to them under rules made with respect to funds in court falls short of the aggregate of the sums due to be paid or credited in respect of that period by way of interest on moneys in court placed to deposit and short-term investment accounts;
- (c) any sums due, under rules made with respect to funds in court, from the National Debt Commissioners to the said Accountant General which they are unable to pay;
- (d) any sums paid into the Exchequer in pursuance of the authorisation conferred by paragraph 3(c) below; and
- (e) any increase attributable to any provision of the said Act of the present Session in the sums required by section 7 of the Public Trustee Act 1906 to be paid out of the Consolidated Fund.
- 2. The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (a) any sums required for making good any such default of the said Accountant General as is mentioned in paragraph 1(a) above;
- (b) any sums required by the Minister of Public Building and Works to enable him to make payments in pursuance of agreements between him and the Church Commissioners for the commutation of benefits conferred by section 10 of the Courts of Justice Concentration (Site) Act 1865; and
- (c) any increase attributable to any provision of the said Act of the present Session in the sums which, under any other enact
544 ment, are payable out of moneys so provided.
- 3. The payment into the Exchequer of—
- (a) any fees received by the Public Trustee that are attributable to any provision of the said Act of the present Session;
- (b) the amount by which the income of the National Debt Commissioners received as mentioned in paragraph 1(b) above exceeds the aggregate of the sums therein referred to; and
- (c) any sums received by the National Debt Commissioners upon the realisation, in pursuance of any provision of the said Act of the present Session, of investments held by them.
§ Resolution agreed to.