HC Deb 22 February 1965 vol 707 cc189-90
That, fir the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the Development of Inventions Acts 1948 to 1958, it is expedient to authorize—
- (a) the increase from £10 million to £25 million of the limit on the amount of advances to the National Research Development Corporation which can be made under section 7 of the Development of Inventions Act 1948, the removal of any restriction on the time within which and the purposes for which the advances can be made, and their payment out of money provided by Parliament instead of out of the Consolidated Fund,
- (b) the remission of any liability of the Corporation in respect of any such advances, including advances already made,
- (c) the payment out of money provided by Parliament—
- (i) of sums to be paid to the Corporation by the Minister and to be used by the Corporation to meet interest due on any such advances, and
- (ii) of sums paid to the Corporation by any Government department other than the Post Office in connection with any project carried out by the Corporation in response to representations made by the Government department, and
- (iii) any increase in money so payable attributable to an increase in the membership of the Corporation,
- (d) any payment into the Exchequer.
Resolution agreed to.