HC Deb 16 November 1964 vol 702 cc68-9
[Queen's Recommendation signified]
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 88 (Money Committees).
[Sir SAMUEL STOREY in the Chair]
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make new provision in place of or amend certain provisions of the Nuclear Installations (Licensing and Insurance) Act 1959, it is expedient to authorize—
- (a) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament—
- (i) of any sums required to be made available out of moneys so provided for the purpose of satisfying claims (including claims in respect of interest or costs or, in Scotland, expenses) in respect of hurt or damage to which the first-mentioned Act relates;
- (ii) of any increase attributable to the provisions of the first-mentioned Act in
the sums payable out of moneys so provided under any other Act;
- (b) the payment into the Exchequer of any sums received by the Minister of Power or the Secretary of State—
- (i) in pursuance of an international agreement by way of a contribution by the government of a country outside the United Kingdom towards the satisfaction of any such claim as aforesaid; or
- (ii) under any provision of the first-mentioned Act.—[Dr. Mahon.]
Resolution to be reported.
Report to be received Tomorrow.