HC Deb 13 November 1964 vol 701 cc1422-3
[Queen's Recommendation signified]
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 88 (Money Committees).
[Sir SAMUEL STOREY in the Chair]
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the law relating to the superannuation and other benefits payable to or in respect of civil servants, including members of Her Majesty's diplomatic service, it is expedient to authorize—
- 1. The issue out of the Consolidated Fund—
- (a) of payments to be made under provisions of the Act relating to persons who have served in more than one public office (as defined by the Act),
- (b) of any increase attributable to the Act in the sums to be so issued under any other Act.
- 2. The payment out of money provided by Parliament of any sums to be so paid under or in consequence of provisions of the Act
- (a) relating to Her Majesty's diplomatic service,
- (b) relating to persons who have served in more than one public office (as defined in the Act).
- 3. The payment out of money provided by Parliament of any increase in the sums so payable under any other Act which is attributable to the provisions of the Act
- (a) amending the following provisions of the Superannuation Acts, that is—
- (i) section 2 of the Superannuation Act 1887 (persons removed for inefficiency),
- (ii) section 2 of the Superannuation Act 1935 (allocation of part of pension),
- (iii) section 2 (2) of the Superannuation Act 1946 (late entrants to civil service),
- (iv) section 5 (2) of the Superannuation Act 1946 (exclusion of certain service in respect of which Exchequer payments have been made towards pension schemes outside theSuperannuation Acts),
- (v) sections 32, 41 and 43 of the Superannuation Act 1949 (retirement for ill-health, payments under injuries warrant and prison service),
- (b) relating to—
- (i) pensions under Part I or Part II of the Superannuation Act 1949 or Part I of the Administration of Justice (Pensions) Act 1950,
- (ii) unestablished service after retirement from civil service,
- (iii) gratuities in respect of unestablished service part of which is part-time service,
- (c) winding up the National Insurance (Existing Pensioners) Fund established under
section 3 of the Superannuation (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1948,
- (d) applying the Superannuation Acts to certain persons as if they were employed in the civil service of the State and as if they were in a Government service.
- 4. The payment of any sums into the Exchequer.—[Mr MacDermot.]
Resolution to be reported.
Resolution to be received upon Monday next.